Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week 8

Thingy 18
Zoho Writer
I tried the Microsoft Word clone and it is pretty neat that nothing has to be installed or downloaded onto my computer for it to work. It is lacking many of the advanced features that Word has, but most of those features are not used too often anyway. One helpful thing I find in Word that I miss is the font and the style menus in Word show a sample of what the typeface or style looks like which is helpful. Also the Zoho writer's interface has some icons that are different.

I also took a the other things on their website and they have many other free things in their suite of programs such as wikis, chat, spreadsheet, database, and mail.

Thingy 19
LibraryThing

I found it interesting that the database of books can come from a commercial site like Amazon.com.

My link to my library: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=library-paperboy&shelf=list

Two of my books are popular with more than 25 people who added those books to their library, probably because they have been published such a long time ago. I like the tagging system where it shows the frequency of the tag by the size displayed. I also like seeing the cover of the books.

No comments: