
Thingy 8 & Thingy 9
1. What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
They are a great time-saver to find everything in one place without manually looking many different places.
2. How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your work or personal life?
I get my news and newsletter subscriptions through RSS feeds. It saves me time because I can get everything all in one place.
3. How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?
The can be used to post: library events, patron materials checked out and when due.
4. My Bloglines public folder:
I had problems sharing my Bloglines feeds. Even after multiple times trying to share it, I tested the URL and it comes not come up correctly. I get the error "The user name you are using to access this blogroll is incorrect. Be sure you use your Bloglines user name and not your email address. Click here to create or edit your user name." I click on the link and get a message saying that "The requested URL /"http://www.bloglines.com/profile/" was not found on this server." So I attached a screenshot instead at the top of this Week's post.
5. Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
6. Which Search tool was the easiest for you? Which was more confusing?
7. What kind of unuseful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?
The Mercury News weather one is helpful.
8. What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?
When navigating other websites or blogs there is sometimes a button for RSS feeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment